The latest edition of Glam Africa magazine z features one of the country’s biggest media personality, TV and radio host, Bonang Matheba who has a staggering 1.1 million following. She talks to Glam Africa about the role Social Media has played in her life, her upcoming book, personal life and future plans.

This edition explores how social media has created a new mode of success and the celebrity world of today. Hoping this issue will positively impact and inspire readers, it also explores social media’s contribution to society’s perception of Africa as a whole. How the indigenous content on social media paints the continent in positive light and the positive effects on the perception, relevance and even economic performance the continent will experience as social media matures.







As well as in stores across Ghana, Nigeria, UK and South Africa, Glam Africa is now available to the world via digital or print purchase/subscription at glamafrica.com/magazine.


Quick fire questions:

One fact most fans don’t know about you?
I’m asthmatic – I don’t know how many people know about that. I was diagnosed when I was five years old and I’ve been living with asthma all my life.

Favourite African city?
Cape Town, because it is beautiful, the culture there is incredible. It’s one of my favourite holiday destinations, because it’s very global, very European, but it’s quintessential South Africa – the markets there and so many things come together beautifully; our fashion, our music, our people. Cape Town really personifies how beautiful South Africa is and what a great nation I think we are.

Favourite far flung holiday destination?
I love Paris, I love London and I love Los Angeles. And I love Mauritius.

5 things always in your handbag?
My cell phone, my power bank to charge my cell phone, a pair of sunglasses, my asthma pump and my Revlon lipgloss.

Who’s your favourite designer at the moment?
Hazra and Guccia – I absolutely love him; I’ve worked with him numerous times over the years and he just gets better and better. Internationally it has to be Balmain; I have huge respect for Olivier.

Who do you stalk the most on Instagram?
I stalk a lot of the Kardashians – I love what they wear, I love their family and I just love their online presence on social media. I get a lot of style inspiration from them.
 
I stalk FashioBombDaily - their owner, Claire Sulmers, who I have great respect for, and I also stalk Chrissy Teigen who I find really, really, really funny.

In Real Life, who is your favourite person right now?
My mother. 




IMAGE CREDIT
Photo:        Alessandrio Bergman (SYNC Model South Africa)
Styling:       Siyamthanda Alakhe Ndube
MUA:          Muzi Cebolenkosi Zuma
Location:    Maboneng, Johannesburg

Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: